Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Meet John

This is John:


John is my fiance. He also works as my most fabulous second photographer 99% of the time, so I thought I should formally introduce him to everyone. John is a middle school art teacher, fabulous painter, completely creative person and a WONDERFUL photographer. We've been working together as a team for over one and a half years now. It's really difficult to find a second photographer who you trust and can completely rely on. Since John and I share a life together, he's the best second I could ask for. He's completely surrounded by my work, hears me talk about it constantly, and runs into the office at least five times a day to look at my FAVORITE shots! It is so important to me to have a second shooter who shares my way of seeing and my style of shooting but who is creative and adventurous enough to look at things differently and try new things. John is great at that, he knows exactly where I want him to be when and still moves around enough to get some fantastic angles.

Many clients ask me my thoughts on a second shooter, since it's not a standard in my packages. I don't include it because I realize that some clients don't want two of us there, and I am completely comfortable shooting alone. However, there are some great advantages to opting for two of us. First, you get more photos! The number of images you receive in your final package is significantly increased when there are two of us. Second, the groom needs a little love too! I get to spend my day with the bride, which I love, but always wish that there were more opportunities to work with the groom on the day of the wedding. A second photographer can go and take care of those important shots, often reducing the amount of time needed for "formal" shots after the wedding and giving us more one on one time with clients! Third, a second photographer can go where I wish I was when I can't be in two places at once. For example, he can be at the back of the ceremony getting those final moments of anticipation before walking down the aisle while I wait at the front to get the groom's reaction when he sees his beautiful bride for the first time. So there are my thoughts on the matter, for you to ponder...

And I leave you with a slideshow featuring John's fantastic second shooter work... Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kenneth Stillman said...

Be Careful, Sarah. Don't give him too much praise or he'll get a big head and open John's Photography Studio.